(Available in Color or B&W – click both format arrows – or Color Kindle) This beautiful, new FULL COLOR second edition is now one hundred pages longer, filled with additional fresh stories, artwork, photos, and adventures.
Howard Miner never expected to contract the first documented case of the mumps in Guadalcanal history.
As a Navy Black Cat, he took his share of chances during the ten-hour, night long flights in darkened PBYs painted entirely black, searching the seas for enemy ships and downed fliers ~ the original stealth aircrafts. But wartime was unpredictable, and whether landing on an exotic tropical isle where the women he saw from the air turned out to be topless, or dropping wing tanks containing a strange new substance called “Napalm,” this was clearly a very different world than he had known as a college student in Indiana.
His is a tale of seven buddies, all pilots who flew at night, slept and got into mischief by day, then repeated. Their PBY Catalina odyssey stretched from the Solomon Islands to the northern tip of the Philippines and included a full range of missions, from search, attack, and bombing runs, to daring sea rescues. Howard’s journey through training and tours of duty is skillfully captured in his art and narratives, framing a wartime drama with a personal coming of age story. The descriptive verse from the artist’s viewpoint gives us a creatively told and intriguing portrayal of WWII’s Pacific Theater.
* * * * Miner combines his father’s writings and interviews with WWII veterans to craft a loving tribute to the young men who fought in WWII…He does his father and other WWII veterans proud. ~Publisher’s Weekly/Booklife
* * * * “Sketches of a Black Cat” is a unique and fascinating memoir of a World War II combat aviator ~ with original and previously unpublished sketches and photographs. This artfully crafted book is a must read for anyone in search of a new and completely different view into the world of war in the Pacific and on the home front during America’s greatest conflict.” ~ Larkin Spivey, military historian and author.
* * * * “From boxes of notes and drawings comes a book illuminating a WWII pilot’s experiences as part of the Black Cat Squadron…accounts of support missions, rescues of airmen and interactions with indigenous island peoples told in vivid but unembellished detail…a handsome volume that reads breezily and is punctuated with photos and drawings from Howard’s war years. ~ Mike Francis
* * * * “Wonderful and beautifully real stories such as this are dying every day as we lose our WWII veterans. Kudos to Ron Miner for preserving and sharing with the rest of us the gold of his father’s journals, photos, and drawings to bring us such a compelling look at life during the war. This is not only a valuable and insightful historical document but a dramatic and warm personal story.” ~ Don Keith, WWII author
* * * * “… Howard Miner’s memoirs are a wonderful view into the world of a patrol squadron at war. Miner sees the war through the eyes of an artist, revealing details of day-to-day life that are often overlooked in war time narratives. A wholly enjoyable story!” ~ Stewart Bailey, Curator, Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum
* * * * ” “As a former flight engineer aboard a PBY in WWII… I can truly say I felt as though I was on Howard’s Catalina…so many similarities to my own experiences. I can almost hear the drone of the engines in synchronization. Many episodes were warm and compelling. I highly recommend this book to vets, historians, and students. You won’t put down Sketches of a Black Cat till you’ve read it cover-to-cover!” ~ Win Stites, VP-91, VP2-1 served in both Atlantic and Pacific regions during WWII, Former President PBY Memorial Foundation and Museum
2017 Gold medals: National Indie Excellence Awards, Reader’s Favorite Awards, IAN Book Awards. Double medalist: 2017 Next Generation Book Awards, B.R.A.G. Medallion
On a busy Chicago afternoon, the stately calm of Lake Shore Park is shattered with murder and death. A group of cult-like followers has descended on the city of Chicago, and have begun their murder spree by picking out targets to kill, painting portraits of their death, and collecting each portrait to achieve their ultimate goal. Through the quick actions of the FBI, they’ve already begun their hunt for the killer.
While the FBI struggle and argue over how to figure out what this cult is after, one man is brought in to break the case because of his romantic involvement with serial killer Mona Pruitt. Nathan Pearson, a former Chicago detective, visits Mona at the mental hospital and soon discovers they are both the targets of this cult. Moving quickly through the case, getting terrifyingly close to the enemy, Nathan scrambles to save innocent lives before the cult can finish off everyone on their hit list. In a race against time, Nathan makes a chilling discovery that could put everyone in Chicago at risk and someone from his past is maneuvering in hopes that Nathan will fail.
Nathan Pearson will use any force necessary to stop the people of Chicago from falling victim to this deadly cult and their twisted motivation.
Portrait of Death is the first in a brand new series and is a fast paced dramatic thriller.
“I would definitely recommend this to fans of this genre. A fantastic piece of story telling!” – George at Amazon
“A very well written psychological thriller book.” – Tony at Amazon
“The story was gripping and characters were keeping me interested in reading more.” – ALY at Amazon
If you like Jack Bauer and Mitch Rapp who will do whatever it takes to stop terrorists, then you will love Nathan Pearson who will do whatever it takes to stop serial killers.
The serial killer’s victims have one thing in common. They share their names with plants.
In South Carolina, children swap stories of a monstrous urban legend to liven up a sleepy summer–not realizing a very real predator lurks nearby. When 17-year-old Dusty Miller is marked as a target, he’ll need to untangle kids’ tales from true dangers in this rich Southern mystery.
Jack Splatt: Daring commando. Legendary hero. And completely fictional…
But try telling HIM that.
First Commander Jack Splatt is a one-man army. He’s fought entire campaigns against impossible odds with little more than a pack of chewing gum, his washboard abs, and a killer smile that makes women swoon.
Unfortunately, he’s only a video game character.
Developer and slightly obsessed fanboy Barry Lang is trying to bring his ’80s-era hero Jack to life — literally — through a new extreme-immersion augmented reality system. But when the Army comes knocking to seize his tech, he panics and activates the only not-yet-working build of the untested system. On himself.
That’s when Jack takes the wheel and starts doing what he does best: Taking out the bad guys. With Barry’s body. While Barry’s still in there.
Barry’s a far cry from a powerhouse of physical perfection, and Jack’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. But somehow they have to work together to stay ahead of the police, the Army, and random people Jack keeps pissing off along the way…
If only Barry could make Jack understand that in real life, you don’t get any respawns.
Three powerful sisters.
Three men born to protect them.
The fate of magic lies in their hands.
The oldest of her three sisters, she remembered the night they were torn apart with an aching clarity. She’s spent years fighting to find the sisters she lost and bring them back together, but it’s a chance meeting with a stranger that leads her to the destiny she had no idea of.
The middle child and a powerful seer, she’s been waiting years for the arrival of her oldest sister. However, it’s the sudden appearance of a man who knows too much that catches her off guard. He awakens a truth in her she never anticipated, but is he there to save her or kill her?
The youngest and the strongest of them all, she has no clue about her ability or the prophecy she must play her part in. Only the unfailing love of her childhood sweetheart will keep her safe as she discovers her sisters and the dark destiny they must face.
A bestselling series now packaged in a complete collection.
Book one of the bestselling Trinity trilogy—“Sinclair is a spunky, sassy heroine who would steal your heart, but Garvin already did! Laugh out loud and audacious he steals the show and is the best sidekick any new witch could want.”
“A modern fantasy, the Trinity Sisters is a trilogy with each book focusing on a sister and her story while weaving the over arcing story into each one seamlessly.”
“My favorite series of hers by far!”
“Luke, Milo, or Dane? Can I have all three, please?”
“I love how we get to see all the characters in each book. It never felt like someone was forgotten.”
“Each sister had her own distinct story…they all had to find their way and I love that.”
Humanity has a sprawling interstellar empire. Advances in science and the resources of countless frontier worlds have brought untold prosperity to its citizens. But how much of this wealth comes from dangerous experiments with alien technology?
As an elite intelligence operative, that question plagues Gabriel Thorn constantly. When contact is lost with a mysterious research facility, he is sent to investigate. But he finds a web of secrecy and lies which extends through the corridors of power and industry, and finds himself unprepared to confront the ancient evil buried deep within.
What if making one tweak to your day-to-day conversations could immediately improve every relationship in your life?
In this 3-hour, conversational read, you’ll discover the whats, whys, and hows of one of the most valuable (yet surprisingly little-known) communication skills—validation.
Whether you’re looking to improve your relationship with your spouse, navigate difficult conversations at work, or connect on a deeper level with friends and family, this book delivers simple, practical, proven techniques for improving any relationship in your life.
Mastery of this simple skill will enable you to:
• Calm (and sometimes even eliminate) the concerns, fears, and uncertainties of others
• Increase feelings of love, respect, and appreciation in your romantic relationships
• Quickly resolve, or even prevent, arguments
• Help others become open to your point of view
• Give advice and feedback that sticks
• Provide support and encouragement to others, even when you don’t know how to “fix” the problem
• And much more
In short: this skill is powerful. Give the principles and practices in this book a chance and you’ll be amazed at the difference they can make.
What do you get when you add free and dumb? FREEDOM
My name is Makoto Heart and I’ve always wished for a chance at freedom. Every day, I prayed before the Starlight gods, asking for their divine assistance in accomplishing such a difficult task.
Being an experiment for as long as I can remember, my hopes of obtaining freedom have diminished, drastically. The disappointment haunted me, as myself and my spirits struggled to survive. I had no hope left, believing my final plea fell upon deaf ears, yet again.
But what happens when my prayers are finally answered? I’m thrust into fulfilling a destiny, with the help of six star knights. Suddenly, I am no longer experiment 555, but the stolen princess of Heila.
Freedom, how you have teased my troubled soul. May the Starlight gods guide me and my knights, on this path towards the unknown.
~In Stars We Trust~
Dark Wish is an extraordinary new paranormal reverse harem series.
DARK WISH has been UPDATED- if purchased prior to November 5th, 2017, please go to KINDLE SETTINGS- Auto update for the newest, formatted version.
Recommended for 18+ audience, containing mature sexual content and strong language.
NOTE: DARK WISH is written in CANADIAN ENGLISH- meaning both American and British English is used.
The astonishing novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult about a young boy with autism falsely accused of murder.
When your son can’t look you in the eye…does that mean he’s guilty?
Jacob Hunt is a teen with Asperger’s syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, though he is brilliant in many ways. But he has a special focus on one subject—forensic analysis. A police scanner in his room clues him in to crime scenes, and he’s always showing up and telling the cops what to do. And he’s usually right.
But when Jacob’s small hometown is rocked by a terrible murder, law enforcement comes to him. Jacob’s behaviors are hallmark Asperger’s, but they look a lot like guilt to the local police. Suddenly the Hunt family, who only want to fit in, are directly in the spotlight. For Jacob’s mother, Emma, it’s a brutal reminder of the intolerance and misunderstanding that always threaten her family. For his brother, Theo, it’s another indication why nothing is normal because of Jacob.
And over this small family, the soul-searing question looms: Did Jacob commit murder?