- Enter a Giveaway. Authors and publishers often list prereleases for giveaway on Goodreads. There are a limited amount of copies available (usually ranging from 5-100), and winners are picked at random. So, you have a fair chance at scoring a FREE book! Since Goodreads is such a popular site, many authors do this to get exposure. There are even books often listed from New York Times Best Sellers!
2. If you have a young child, sign up for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. This program sends free books to children up to 5 years of age. Through this book gifting program, your child could receive one free book per month. See if it is available in your area at: https://imaginationlibrary.com/check-availability/.
3. Swap books online. PaperBackSwap allows you to choose from over a million books. In essence, you list your book, and once it’s requested, you pay to ship it. In return, you get to pick any book you’d like from the site’s library
4. Check Groupon for coupons. Major retailers regularly have coupons for online and in-stores
5. Sign up for our mailing list. The eBook Bandit works around the clock snatching free and discount eBook deals. Author’s submit directly to us, so we have rare deals in various genres each day in our newsletter. Sign up here.